- Privacy and Legal
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We offer a number of products/services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of products/services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide – When you register for a trial subscription or register for and purchase a full subscription or participate in another MenuMax product/service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, e-mail address and phone number). For certain products/services, such as our MenuMax Subscription, we also request credit card or other payment account information, which is sent to our gateway via secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other MenuMax products/services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our products/services. For certain products/services, we give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log Information – When you use MenuMax products/services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Web site. These server logs may include information like your Web request, Internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request.
- User Communications – When you send e-mail or other communication to MenuMax, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our products/services.
- Links – MenuMax may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality and effectiveness of our marketing efforts, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our products/services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our products/services.
- Ensuring the technical functionality of our network.
- Developing new products/services.
MenuMax processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising or strategic partners.
Choices for Personal Information
MenuMax shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of MenuMax under the following circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We believe in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of MenuMax, its users or the public, as may be required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who reside in a certain geographic location, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement, without your consent. Such information does not identify you personally.
Our security measures are designed to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, as well as physically guarding access to systems where we store personal information. We restrict access to personal information to MenuMax employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our products/services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
We depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. When you use MenuMax products/services, we make good faith efforts to give you access to your personal information so you can correct it or delete it if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and disclose the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Our products/services may have differing procedures to access, correct or delete personal information.